Special Events Calendar
- February- Valentines Day
Valentines Day in Volcano is a special getaway. Enjoy a romantic evening by the fireplace and an elegant dinner at a nearby restaurant.
- April- - held annually the week following Easter this is the ultimate Hawaiian cultural event featuring Internationally acclaimed hula competition, crafts and other special events. Lodging is scarce and sells out early.
- July- 4th of July in Volcano is an authentic small town celebration that attracts visitors from all over the island. This celebration includes a parade with marching band and antique cars, delicious community BBQ and local crafts.
- July 31st- The , a marathon, 10mile , and 5 mile race and walk held annually at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Sept- - Various cultural events and fairs throughout the island. Special presentations and cultural re-creations in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- November- Just before Thanksgiving , Volcano artists open their homes and studios to the public. This arts stroll is a not to be missed event.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas- Not to be missed are traditional holidays, island style. Colorful lights, the air scented with fragrant Ohia fires and delicious local foods.
- Monthly- Classes, workshops and presentations at the Volcano Art Center. Film, theatre, calligraphy, lei-making, writer's retreats, Hawaiian crafts, language and native plant workshops are featured.