Special Events Calendar
- February- Valentines Day
Valentines Day in Volcano is a special getaway. Enjoy a romantic evening by the fireplace and an elegant dinner at a nearby restaurant.
- April- - Held annually the week following Easter this is the ultimate Hawaiian cultural event featuring Internationally acclaimed hula competition, crafts and other special events. Lodging is scarce and sells out early.
- July- 4th of July in Volcano is an authentic small town celebration that attracts visitors from all over the island. This celebration includes a parade with marching band and antique cars, delicious community BBQ and local crafts.
- July 31st- The , a marathon, 10mile , and 5 mile race and walk held annually at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Sept- - Various cultural events and fairs throughout the island. Special presentations and cultural re-creations in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- November- Just before Thanksgiving , Volcano artists open their homes and studios to the public. This arts stroll is a not to be missed event.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas- Not to be missed are traditional holidays, island style. Colorful lights, the air scented with fragrant Ohia fires and delicious local foods.
- Monthly- Classes, workshops and presentations at the Volcano Art Center. Film, theatre, calligraphy, lei-making, writer's retreats, Hawaiian crafts, language and native plant workshops are featured.
The Birder's Package.
People all over the world have been fascinated by birds, in part because of their beauty and their power of flight. Historically, they used to be considered omens. Birds have played a big role in the mythology of the ancient Hawaiians and still teach valuable lessons today. Our Birding package is perfect for amateurs and seasoned bird watchers alike. Your three nights accommodation will be in the Tree Top Suite. The private outdoor lanai is the perfect place to sit overlooking the Hapuu and watch for apanepane and amau with the in room binoculars. An Audubon Society book of Hawaiian Birds will help you identify all the different indigenous species. The book and an Audubon Society t shirt are yours to keep along with a DVD and a soothing audio tape of Hawaiian bird recordings as momentos of your stay. Also included in your stay is an eastside bird watching tour. From the Hilo shoreline, up to the slopes of Mauna Loa, and along the Saddle Road see a wide range of birds, from native waterfowl to introduced birds, and native forest species. A bird check list, and lunch are provided. You can do a self guided tour through Local area volcano landmark Bird Park and sanctuary.
Package is $900 Additional nights at only $149/night.
- Volcano Village Hawai'i website
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
- Kilauea Volcano Eruption Update
- Kilauea Lodge and Restaurant
- Volcano, Hawai'i Community Profile
- Volcano Winery
- Volcano Golf and Country Club
- Volcano Photography by G. Brad Lewis
- Historic Downtown Hilo